Sunday, November 7, 2010

Milne Boys Home




So today I went out walking around my uncles old neighborhood that he lived in before Hurricane Katrina taking pictures for my Ogden homework, and I met up with Jose and he walked around with me for awhile while I was taking the pictures, and we went over to the old Milne Boys Home for me to take some shots of it, since it has some pretty amazing architecture. My whole life, that property had amazed me. I've never been quite sure why, but it has. There is a pull to it that I have, that I'm not sure where it is coming from. Before Katrina it just fascinated me, the way it was built, the way they arranged the buildings on the property. Now, 5 years after the storm, it hasn't been touched since Katrina.. No one has tried to restore it. No one has attempted to get anyone to restore it. It makes me sad to see such beautiful and sad buildings just sit there, abandoned.. My goal in life, now, is to save up enough money, that if no one ever restores it, I can, and I will re-open it as an orphanage. I want to restore those buildings so bad, it isn't even funny. I just got back home a little while ago from them, and I feel like my heart is aching to bring it back to it's original condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment