Sunday, August 22, 2010

5 Years Have Come And Gone... MY Katrina story.

5 years ago.. On this very date.. I had NO idea that in t-minus 7 days my life would be turned upside down, and I would be thrown into a rip-tide of emotions, friendship, being scared. I didn't know that some of the best people I have EVER met.. And that I ever WILL meet were going to be in my life coming in the next few weeks.. On August 26th, 2005 New Orleans mayor, Ray Nagin, was on the news frantic..saying the city had to be evacuated immediately... My Mom, Dad, Uncle, Pawpaw, Mawmaw and I all evacuated to Jackson, MI with our friend Debbie and her horse, with our 2 horses and 2 dogs on August 27th.. On August 29, 2005 Hurricane Katrina hit the Gulf Coast.. My world was turned upside down. We watched CNN 24/7 keeping updated on everything.. 3 days after the storm, we left Jackson due to complications with the friend we were staying with, driving 14 hours to Marshall, TX.. Little did I know that I would come to know and love this tiny town more than I had ever loved anything in my life. We stayed at the Josey Ranch, because we knew they would take us and our animals in.. Mr. and Mrs. Josey treated us like family. They became family.. We stayed at the ranch for a few months, and took up residency in Marshall. Two weeks after the storm, September 12th, I started school at Davy Crockett. I met my best friend that day. Holly Anne Vickers. I love you girl.



Every day this week I will add more to my story.. It will be final on the 5 year anniversary of the storm. August 29th, 2005.

That is the beginning of MY Katrina story..

Lovelovelove,
-T-

No comments:

Post a Comment